Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I've been tagged

This is the maiden voyage of my blog. I've read Tonia's Clementine and enjoy reading it very much, she's a good writer. I thought that maybe I would give it a try, so here we go....

My daughter,Tonia, tagged me to share tidbits about me.

A-Attached or single? Married to Cowboy Val
Best friend? Best friends? My husband, my daughters Kathy and Tonia, in fact my family, including grandchildren, Lisa..I agree, it's hard to limit to one.
C-Cake or pie? Pie. I love apple pies, and cream pies. I'm not so much a cake girl.
D-Day of choice? Sunday, because it's a quieter day reserved to recharge my spiritual battery. E-Essential item? dishwasher, clothes washer and dryer, and a good book.
F-Favorite color? I like many and couldn't think of just one...green, yellow, orange, brown
G-Gummy bears or worms? I'm a gummy bear person, but I'm cutting down on sugar...lack of sugar helps you look younger (I've read) and I'm interested in that! (I say this as I plop a gummy bear in my mouth!
H-Hometown? Providence, Utah
I-Favorite indulgence? watching HGTV (much to Val's dismay).
J-January or July? July has many b days for my family and times we gather and spend time with each other.
K-Kids? 5. 2 girls, Kathy and Tonia and 3 boys, Scott, Ryan and Andrew. I also have 2 daughters-in-law (Ruth and LaShell) and 2 sons-in-law (Blake and Nate) which makes a grand total of 9 children. I also have neices that are like daughters.
L-Life isn't complete without? My family...I love them each and every one and love to spend time with them.
M-Marriage date? September 15, 1966
N-Number of brothers and sisters? I'm the oldest of 10. There are 4 girls and 6 boys.
O-Oranges or apples? Both. I like fruit, but pears are my favorite....just messy to eat if they are ripe.
P-Phobia and fears? I fear falling through ice and not being able to find the hole to get out and drowning. I fear looking off a high mountain-that I may fall....this keeps me from feeling too bad about never hiking Zions Park.
Q-Quote? I'm not sure where I heard it or who to give credit to but "forgiveness is the fragrence the violet gives to the heal that crushed it".
R-Reason to smile? spending time with family, the sound of crickets, a beautiful sunset, the sound of a stream in the mountains...
S-Season of choice? fall. I love the mellow days of fall, the smell of leaves, the starting of school, the slowing down from the faster pace of summer.
T-Tag three people: Gosh, I'll say these three would be good to hear from: Kathy, Ruth, and LaShel
U- Unknown fact about me? I've written a poem for each of my children in my journal.
V-Vegetable? broccoli and corn on the cob-(if the corn is young-it's sooo good)
W-Worst habit? doubting myself
X-X-ray or ultrasound? I've had some of both. I've never had a broken bone (knock on wood)but I've had X-rays. I've had ultrasounds with 2 of my five pregnancies.
Y-Your favorite food? I like dairy cream. If I didn't know that it wasn't good for your health, I would totally indulge.
Z-Zodiac sign? Pisces. I had to get the newspaper and look it up..I can never remember

7 comments:

Tonia Conger said...

I love blogs. I just learned things about you that I didn't know before. Poems for each of the kids, what is your phobia/fear, your favorite season. THIS is why our entire family needs to blog. I know I'll get to know more about each person if they blog. It's wonderful!
I love you mom and I'm proud that you picked it up!

sherrin said...

Thanks Tonn, not even your dad knew of my literary endeavors and he thought my favorite season was spring....I guess we can all learn more about each other.
Thanks for your encouragement! I love you too.

Grandma B said...

Hi Sherrin....keep posting, it's lots of fun and also educational. Love Tonia's blog lots.

Smilingeyes said...

Hi Sherrin! =)

Amara said...

Its so cool that your blogging! Love to hear from you and blogging is great for long distance. Speaking of which... see you soon!

Debbie said...

I am sooooo proud of you - blogging like a pro. Your page is great! I learned a few things I didn't know about you. Love you and see you Thursday!

Grandma B said...

Hi Sherrin....I left a comment earlier and have been checking your blog quite frequently for some more good stuff. We are thrilled about Tonia's new job....she is so amazing. Check out my blog: Grandma B